Monday, February 28, 2011

Dog shape cookies and Pupdates

Dog themed cookie cutters are so hard to find in the Philippines~ imagine my joy when I spotted them in the mall recently. So today, I took a break from being a  wannabee dog whisperer, and made cookies for the humans. The fun part was applying the icing because I can make these doggies wear fancy clothes and collars. I felt like a little girl playing with barbie!

By the way, my obsession  passion for baking has been taken to whole new level with this:

(I am deliriously happy that I don't really mind if this is the Animal Doctor's post valentine and advance birthday gift  to me LOL. Thank you, AD!)

Bambi and Trudis, together for the first time since their fight. I made them wear a piece of my clothing based on a theory that if the  weaker dog smells like his owner, his aggressor might be influenced not to attack him   (from this very nice article,  Managing A Multiple Dog Household by Melinda Johnson).
Well, its been three weeks since the mad fight among our dogs. With the reforms made in our multiple dog household, I was anxious to test if the warring pairs could be reintegrated as one pack. My dogs lived peacefully along side each other for nearly three years. It breaks my heart to think that they will become enemies for life (A.D is worried of breaking his wallet too, because the dog pad will have to be transformed into a duplex ).

For  the first time since the mayhem, I let them out all together in the run.  I threatened to go ballistic the moment I catch one of them challenging the other. Trudis only managed to snob Bambi,  while Moy and Jappy appeared nonchalant.

Unfortunately, my  bouyed up spirit quickly sank to the pits of hopelessness when Jappy and Moy attacked each other on our second session. I almost got bitten trying to pry two very angry dogs apart!  Jed and Abby warned us about this. It was wishful thinking on my part to expect the dogs to forgive and forget. I have to remember that my babies are animals;  the inner workings of their minds totally unpredictable. Rather than risking further injury or death among our pets, the Animal Doc and I decided to separate the dogs for good. Jappy and Bambi on one side; Moymoy, Trudis and Woody on the other. I will have to make sure that the resulting pack order in each of these groups is strictly maintained. Scarlet stays inside the house and will be allowed supervised playtimes with the rest of the dogs.

I feel compelled to leave you with a bit of good news about the dogs: Trudis has gained weight! She's put on two kilos since I gave her papaya enzymes bought from a health store!

9 comments:

  1. Soooo Cute!!!!

    Love,
    Maxie and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Youw cookies awe bootiful! You awe so cweative. Mommi would love one of those mixews but we have no woom, so she just has a hand one.I'm sowwy that the pack had to be sepewated, but maybe this will keep peace and evewyone will be safe and that's a wondewful thing. I'm so glad that my little fwiend Scawlett is safe and gets to go out and get fwesh aiw too.
    Scawlett, Colin fiwf was lovely and vewy nice, but I pwefew my fuwwfwiends , hehehe
    smoochie kisses
    ASTA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woof!
    I lost my comments!
    I hope whatever arrangements you make will work out fine. We are praying for you.

    And on Friday is my bday and you are all invited to be part of my birthday pawtrait! Just email me your pictures (hoomans too if they want)...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops! How did we miss this one?!? SO glad to hear about the most beautiful Trudis - hope her improvement continues. xx

    And - may I say - that last cookie on the left looks JUST like Jasper - tell us truthfully; that was the MOST delicious one, right?!?!

    Love to you ALL,
    Jasper and Rxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry we haven't visited in so long, and even sorrier to read about the permanent split in the pack. We hope everyone has gotten used to the new routine, and that everyone still gets along with Scarlett. Your cookies are gorgeous!

    Jed & Abby

    ReplyDelete
  6. What pretty cookies and they sure look yummy too! Sad to hear that they will remain apart for now. We are still hoping that they will find a way to get along well together again.

    Please send our happy thoughts to Trudis and we hope that she keeps the weight.

    Hugs and kisses to dearest Scarlet! We missed you guys during the Pet Express run. Forgie and Wai-Pai ran and met up with Maxie! We do hope to see you all really soon.

    Love,
    Piappies Fudgie, Princess, Frappie, Mocha, Sugar, Wai-Pai, Wai-Max & Forgie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cookies are awesome!
    It is sad that the doggies cannot get along. But nice that your Trudis is gaining weight.
    My Mommie and Daddy often dream of returning to the Philippines but they cannot leave me. The wish to relocate to the Philippines and say your doctor could be my vet and I could meet you. But I would not survive the plane ride. Sniff!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wishing you a very HAPPY NEW YEAR
    May your New Year 2012 be blessed with peace, love and happiness. Sending our heartfelt wishes with joy that never ends.
    Mango, Chubs, and Ximui

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Ma'am,

    I am an avid reader of your blog since 2011 when I stumbled upon one of your pages about local Philippine dogs - Aspins/Askal. I, too, am a dog-lover because they can be our best friends and protectors most of the time.

    I seldom make comments or give likes on blogs that are a little ‘personal’ because I know it is close to the heart of the one behind the computer.

    Nevertheless, I made contact because I want to nominate you for the One Lovely Blog Award because your blog is inspirational and educational, and heartwarming especially for animal-lovers.

    You can pick up your badge and to know the rules/info, please visit:

    http://backyardgardeningadventures.wordpress.com/2012/12/01/an-award-nomination/

    Congratulations and thank you for sharing your stories. =)

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you!

Our Dogs in Iloilo City