Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Update on Scarlet II


Surprise! Are you??? Yes, its me, Scarlet doing a guest bloggie today. The Secretary told me that "I have tugged a few heartstrings with my story and that some online buddies want an update". Well, I am happy to report that I am doing much better after the Animal Doctor opened up my poorly tummy about a million seconds ago. I eat a lot ( like I did before I got my ouchie) but its alright because I make the Animal Doctor really happy with the pile of poopies presents I give him daily.

My wound is not all healed, the Secretary cleans it and applies ointment morning and evening. Right now I stay in their house down Mimosa Street ( they bring me to the Clinic when my real Mommi visits) where I saw three other dogs and one grumpy cat. One of the dogs, Trudis, always tries to play with me. I want to, so I try to get up and use my front legs to move my body around. Its like I'm swimming but on solid floor. I can do that now because my ouchie is almost gone. The Animal Doctor has been giving me some tablets and maybe those are good.


Several days ago, the Secretary and the new Assistant have been taking turns "walking" me. They hold me around my chest ( sometimes using a towel too) and I paddle with my front legs. Oh, its fun to chase Trudis and that boy dog Moy-Moy ( Shhh, one of these days I am going to show him who's boss). Here's a video of me "walking".





The Secretary's Note: We thank all our online buddies who have been so very thoughtful of Scarlet. Her owner cannot afford anymore diagnostic tests ( and neither can we), so the Animal Doctor decided to symptomatically treat Scarlet for Rickets and had already put her on Vitamin D supplementation. We noticed that she is not yelping in pain anymore whenever her hind legs are touched. When "walking" her, I also noticed that she is able to rest her left hind leg on the floor to absorb some of her weight. She is definitely improving and we are keeping our fingers crossed! :)


P.S. I've been to the hardware store twice rummaging through an assortment of PVC pipes...err, whatever you call it. Hopefully this weekend, I would be able to figure out a way to make Scarlet's homemade wheelies.


8 comments:

  1. aw... that's really great news Scarlet. We're so glad youre all better now. Hope you recover faster.

    A big hughug to the Secretary and the Animal Doctor for being such good pawrents. We know Trudis and the rest of the gang would be happy to have a new sister around.

    We'll continue to pray for you.

    Drooly kisses,

    Aki, Poopie and Heinz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! Thanks for visiting my blog. It's very nice to meet you and we 're so excited that you're one of those humans that makes puppies feel healthy and happy! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Doctor and Secretary (and all your beautiful friends),

    Jasper here! Thank you SO much for your lovely, encouraging message. I was so touched that you took the trouble to send me a message. And I was so excited to see that it came from such a beautiful place, so far away.

    I had a good look at your blog - what a wonderful site. Beautifully put together, with so many interesting things to read; I am so glad to find you.
    Thank you also for adding me as one of your sites - I am going to do the same for your vlog, as I think lots of my friends will enjoy your site too.

    I guess I have to be careful what I say about vets... I don't like them very much when they put their fingers in or near my bottom. But you are doing such worthwhile work; really and truly making a wonderful important difference to many lives.

    I look forward to reading lots more on your blog in the future. Thanks again SO much for your lovely message.

    lots of love and licks from,
    Jasper xx (and Ruth!)x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Scarlet!
    Glad to know you are much better.
    I loved watching your walking! And eating!
    The Secretary and the Animal Doctor are doing everything possible for your recovery! Hurray for them!
    Kisses and hugs
    Lorenza

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yippee!! Scarlet is almost walking, with a bit of help :) I do see her back legs moving somewhat, which has to be good news. She seems to have a lot of energy and interest in the food...what a good motivator for her to get moving. I hope you can find a way to get her mobile, or at least figure out a makeshift cart or wagon.

    She's so cute. Thanks for the update on her progress!!

    T-man Angel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there, all of you. I'm Angie, a friend of Jasper and Ruth. I'm only a human so don't expect too much of me. I'm going to love reading your blog - whoever is guesting it. I can empathise with you not having use of your legs. Mine don't work very well either so I drive around in a wheelchair a lot of the time. BUT ARE WE DOWNHEARTED? We are not, we just keep on trying. You do that too, you're an inspiration!
    love, Angie, xx
    http://canyouallhearmeattheback.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Scarlet. I just came by to say hi, glad to meet you. And I'm happy to see that you are doing a little walking. Get better and better!

    xox
    Chef

    ReplyDelete
  8. Way to go Scarlet! Keep those little legs going :-) And special hoorays for your human pups for helping you get back on your feet again.

    luv
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you!

Our Dogs in Iloilo City