Sunday, November 22, 2009

Something to smile about

I have another reason to smile these days. The Secretary~ Mom told me how our friends like Teddy and his Mom, Aki, Poopie and their Manang are going out of their way to help us with the fund raising campaign for my wheelchair. We also like to thank the following for their donation and/ or words of encouragement:

Evie
Jeff Sullivan
Lorenza
Ariel
Jasper and Ruth
Mango the Maltese Kiddo
Charlie the Japanese Spitz
Life With Dogs
Scout and Freyja
Sundae over at the Pampered Pets
Isis
Houndstooth
Rigel
Suzuki
Oz Girl
Sisa
Fudge, Princess and the Piappies

If I forgot anyone, please forgive me. I just want to let you know how I appreciate all your help.

P.S Mom made a christmas wish too: to have our kitchen floor tiled. The Animal Doctor gave it ahead of time. See how the color matches my fur? The surface is smoother and cleaner and more comfortable for my tummy. But then I'll be having my dream wheels soon. :)

5 comments:

  1. Hi Scarlet,
    There's something for me to smile about today too: I've just donated some green papers for your dream wheels :)
    Love ya, hope you receive it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Scarlet!
    I have my paws crossed for you!
    My mom solved her credit card issue and we sent you our little contribution!
    Knowing that you will get your wheely will be my best christmas present!
    Take care
    Kisses and hugs
    Lorenza

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweetest Scarlet,

    Oh, you look SO beautiful on your colour-co-ordinated floor. The Animal Doctor is very multi-talented!! I like lying on tiled surfaces when the summer is very hot - they're so cooling on my little belly.

    Ruth's payday next week and then we will send a donation (sadly it will have to be small - unless our lottery numbers come up between now and then!). We've just had another thought - Ruth works for a VERY BIG organisation, with their own, internal staff website and staff can post ads on the site. If it's OK with you, we will post a small article about Scarlet with an invitation to donate and the Doc's offer to match-fund $50 donations with the spaying and neutering. Perhaps that might elicit a few more funds.

    We're always struck by how happy Scarlet appears in her photos, despite her disability. She (and you) are an example to us all.

    lots of love, Jasper xxx (and Ruth)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Scarlet, it looks like your dream is coming true!! I check in everyday and see your collection getting bigger. We'll be so excited to see you in your new chair. Maybe your mom can take a video of you in your new wheelie :)

    Teddy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Scarlet!

    I have learned about you and your dream wheels on our mommy's Multiply account. We can't help but feel sad because you can't run and play like other dogs do, but at the same time happy, because you have found yourself loving parents and supportive friends.

    Our mommy's credit card is nearly maxed out but she just made her little contribution for you so that you can get your wheels soon! We can't wait to see you riding your
    wheelies and be able to run again!

    Oh , and we love how you always look happy and content in your photos! Keep em coming!

    Hugs and Kisses from your new doggy and kitty pals,
    Pokwang the Spitz
    Vivi the Puspin
    and Mommy D.

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you!

Our Dogs in Iloilo City